Currently reading : Star-shaped cataracts
30 January 2014
Author : reba
This incredible photograph shows a man who was left with stars in his eyes after suffering from a 14,000-volt shock. The 42-year-old electrician from California, United States, experienced the shock after his left shoulder came into contact with the current. Four weeks later, suffering from reduced vision, he went to his doctor who found he had developed star-shaped cataracts. The shock caused an electric current to pass through his whole body, including the optic nerve, which connects the eyes to the brain.The unnamed man has had the star-shaped lenses removed but still has poor vision because of damage to his optic nerve.